Occoneechee Begins Search for New Golf Professional
Occoneechee Golf Club, Inc. is a third-generation, family owned business in Hillsborough, NC. We are professional, fun and customer-centric.
We have a small membership which we would like to grow, but we are also open to the public seven days a week.
Originally built as a 9-Hole golf course in 1963, we have been through several renovation and improvement projects over the years. Most recently, we converted all 18 greens Champion Bermuda.
The Head Golf Professional:
Occoneechee Golf Club, Inc. is hiring a Golf Professional to join our team and help us provide the best golf experience possible.
The Candidate must have successful, proven experience of at least 2nd Assistant PGA or LPGA Professional at a Green Grass (On Course) facility. The ideal candidate for this position will have a passion for the game of golf and a commitment to maintaining a staff to provide the best customer service. The successful applicant is one who is organized, detail-oriented, and has excellent customer service skills.
*Candidates with former or “lapsed” PGA or LPGA memberships, who wish to re-enter the industry may be considered. All candidates must provide written recommendations from currently employed “Green Grass” Professionals.
*At this time, due to infrastructure and local municipal regulations, there is limited food service at Occoneechee. Food service experience is not a requirement for this position*
The Head Golf Professional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide daily customer service to golfers.
- End of Day Reconciliation and report keeping to ensure accurate daily accounting in the Pro Shop.
- Manage staffing, inventory, and event calendar.
- Train staff continuously on best practices and new products.
- Maintain Clubhouse equipment and facilities, and monitor golf cart usage and maintenance.
- Organize and manage tournaments and other events.
- Assist in implementing strategies to increase membership and revenue.
- Ensure that golf course rules are followed.
- Provide instruction to golfers of all levels. (Lessons are the personal business of the Golf Professional, therefore all Lessons must be scheduled outside of Pro Shop Responsibility)
- Keep up with the latest trends in the golf industry.
The Golf Professional reports to the Ownership Group and General Manager and oversees the Pro Shop, Driving Range and Tournament Operations. The Golf Professional does not supervise the Accounting staff, Golf Course Superintendent or Maintenance Staff.
The “Membership” is a private Non-Profit known as the Occoneechee Golf Association, Inc. and is managed by an elected Board of Directors. The Golf Professional is expected to work with the OGA Board of Directors, but does not report to, is not managed by, and is not compensated by the Occoneechee Golf Association. All decisions regarding the Membership use of Occoneechee must be approved by the Owner.
Classification, Benefits, and Expectations:
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus opportunities
Ability to commute/relocate:
The Golf Professional must be able to reliably commute no more than 30 minutes from course or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 2nd LPGA or PGA Green Grass staff: 2 years (Required)
- High School Diploma
Please submit Resume and Letters of Reference to:
No Phone Calls Please