Position Open: Golf Shop Assistant
Occoneechee Golf Club is searching for a part-time golf shop assistant who is personable, enthusiastic, enjoys the game of golf and is willing to perform a number of duties both inside and outside of a golf pro- shop. This person needs to have a basic knowledge of the game of golf, experienced in customer service preferably in a fast-paced environment and experience with operating a cash register (or willingness to learn). Good basic math skills will be a necessity. Over 21 years of age required with valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
-Strong customer service skills
-Preferable experience working a cash register (willing to train the right person)
-Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude
-Not afraid to get hands dirty when necessary
-Ability to work some weekends, holidays and flexible hours
-Ability to occasionally lift more than 40 pounds
-Assist customers with tee-times and checking in for play.
-Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the Pro Shop and restrooms.
-Prep carts for play, clean when returned and ready them for play.
-Empty trash containers on the course and refill water coolers.
-Clean and stock on-course restrooms.
-Collect practice range balls using tractor to pick up balls then wash and return for practice
APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE IN PRO SHOP
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED IN PERSON
Position Open: Golf Maintenance (General Labor)
Occoneechee Golf Club is searching for a part-time Golf Maintenance Laborer who is personable, enthusiastic, enjoys the game of golf and is willing to perform a number of duties. This person needs to have a basic knowledge of the game of golf, experienced with various hand tools, and with working in a physical, outdoor environment. Over 18 years of age required with valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. There are two positions open. One is for a full-time, seasonal employee to become part-time over the late fall, winter months. The other is for a part-time employee. Compensation is a wage based on hours worked.
- Knowledge of hand tools and basic landscaping tools and their use
- Ability to accept assignments and complete them in a timely manner
- Ability to work with a team as well as individually
- Willingness in working in a variety of weather conditions
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and flexible hours
- Ability to occasionally lift more than 50+ pounds
- Honest & Trustworthy
- Assist in course setup and maintenance.
- Assist in maintaining the grounds of the Pro Shop and maintenance of buildings.
- Operation of powered and manual hand tools (ex. Chainsaws, weed trimmers, shovels.)
- Empty trash containers on the course and refill water coolers.
- Clean and stock on-course restrooms.
- Complete training to operate some machinery when trained.
Applications available in pro shop. Please note that applications will only be accepted in person.